Hotel Briansk

February 20th, 2012

Hotel Briansk

Phone +38(04622) 3-07-18
Fax +38 093 287-34-24
Reservation +38 066 32-11-744
Transfer,km Airport: 140 / Railway: 8 / Center:5
Capacity 50 rooms
Rate from 30USD
Read the rest of this entry »

Hotel Ukraina

February 20th, 2012

The hotel “Ukraina” is located in downtown of the city on the cross-roads of two central avenues Myr Avenue and Peremoha Avenue. There are restaurants, pubs, coffee houses, shopping centers, hairdressers, beauty salons, banks, a theatre and night clubs next to the hotel.

It will take you 10 minutes to get to the historical center of ancient city-Detinets. The Prince’s Castle (Knyazhiy Grad) was located there in XI-XIII centuries. Ther hotel offers 90 rooms, a conference room, a laundry, restarant service, the Internet, a parking lot.
Read the rest of this entry »

Slavanskiy Hotel

February 20th, 2012

This Chernigov hotel located in the center of the city, 200 meters away from the central square, opposite the central post office and near from several large banks. The hotel is 4 km from railway station. The hotel has secured parking.

33,str. Lenin
(+38 0462)
(04622)74-604

Gradetsky Hotel

February 20th, 2012

The Hotel Gradetsky was built in 1981 and was last renovated in 1997. The Hotel is located in 2 km to the city centre and 4 km from railway station. Airport in Kyiv – 130 km. There is secured parking not far from the hotel.

“Gradetsky” 2 stars
Rate from: 30 USD. Rooms: 267

Chernigov,
68,str. Lenin
Tel: (+38 0462)
(04622)45-025, 44-526

Hotel Pridesnyansky

September 11th, 2009

hotel

Hotel “Pridesnyansky” – is a comfortable hotel, located in the eastern part of Chernigiv on the picturesque bank of the Desna river, near to the central and historical part of the city, in 140 kms from Kiev and the international airport Boryspil.

Standard single and double rooms;
Suite mini and twin rooms;
Suite rooms;
Suite senior rooms, designed in vanguard, east, Roman and Japanese styles;
Suite senior with jacuzzi;
De-luxe;
Apartments.
Read the rest of this entry »

Chernihiv architecture

September 11th, 2009

Chernihiv’s architectural monuments chronicle two most flourishing periods in the city’s history – those of Kievan Rus (11th and 12th centuries) and of the Cossack Hetmanate (late 17th and early 18th centuries). The Saviour Cathedral of Chernihiv (1030s) is the oldest in Ukraine. Marble pillars of the Savior Cathedral provide the only glimpse to the Byzantine opulence of the original 1036 interior.The 5-domed Saviour Cathedral, commissioned in the early 1030s by Mstislav the Bold and completed several decades later by his brother, Yaroslav the Wise. The Cathedral of Sts Boris and Gleb, dating from the mid-12th century, was much rebuilt in succeeding periods, before being restored to its original shape in the 20th century. Built in brick, it has a single dome and six pillars. The crowning achievement of Chernigov masters was the exquisite Church of St Paraskeba (Pyatnitskaya), constructed at the turn of the 12th and 13th centuries. This graceful building was seriously damaged in the Second World War; its original medieval outlook was reconstructed to a design by Peter Baranovsky.
Read the rest of this entry »

Chernigov Monasteries

September 11th, 2009

Eletsky monastery cathedral was modeled after that of Kiev Pechersk Lavra. Thre is a contrast between its austere 12th-century walls and baroque 17th-century domes. The caves of the Eletsky Monastery are said to predate those of the Kiev Pechersk Lavra. Its magnificent 6-pillared cathedral was erected at the turn of the 11th and 12th centuries; some traces of its 750-year-old murals may still be seen in the interior. After the domes collapsed in 1611, they were augmented and reconstructed in the Ukrainian baroque style. The wall, monastic cells, and bell-tower all date from the 17th century. The nearby mother superior’s house is thought to be the oldest residential building in the Left-Bank Ukraine. The cloister’s holiest icon used to be that of Theotokos, who made her epiphany to Svyatoslav of Chernigov on February 6, 1060. The icon, called Eletskaya after the fir wood it was painted upon, was taken to Moscow by Svyatoslav’s descendants – Princes Boryatinsky – in 1579.
Read the rest of this entry »

Chernigov history

September 11th, 2009

Chernihiv was first mentioned in chronicles in 907, but is considered to have existed at least in the 9th century, as uncovered by archeological excavations of a settlement which included the artifacts from the Khazar Khaganate. Towards the end of the 10th century, the city probably had its own rulers. The famous Black Grave, one of the largest and earliest royal mounds in Eastern Europe, was excavated these in the 19th century.
Read the rest of this entry »

Chernigov Churches

September 11th, 2009

Chernigov Churches

Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral of the XI century was ordered by prince Mstyslav, Chernihiv’s golden age ruler. Back then it was a major social center, these days, and especially on summer season it’s a dim, cool, gorgeous place.
You will easily recognize the Cathedral because of its Golden towers resembled up-ended ice-cream cones. The Cathedral is located immediately next to the Cathedral of Sts. Boris and Hleb.

You’ll also want to see the Cathedral of Sts. Boris and Hleb (Borisohlebsky Cathedral). It was built in the 12th century and belongs to the oldest cathedrals in Europe. It’s a great example of the famous Chernihiv architecture of the period, and now a museum. Several renovations took place after severe pillages in the 13th and 17th century and also after World War Second.
Read the rest of this entry »